(Pačevo, 1954 - Padina, 2013)
‘I was born on June 30th, 1954 in Pančevo. I live and work in Padina. My love for painting emerged even in primary school. At first, I was drawing with lead pencils. After primary and secondary school, already well-known naïve painters from Kovačica told me where I can buy oil colors. I wanted to try painting with those colors, too, just like true masters. In 1977, I made my first painting by using this technique.
By 1981, I made five paintings and this is the year when I presented my work for the first time, on a collective exhibition of painters from Padina. The reviews were positive which motivated me to continue working as an artist.
In 1986, I became a member of the Gallery of Naïve Art. So far I have had over 300 collective exhibitions all over our country and all over the world (Tel Aviv, Singapore, Chicago, Montreal, Ottawa, Washington, etc.), and I had 21 individual exhibitions (Padina, Alibunar, Novi Sad, Kikinda, Belgrade, Melbourne, Bratislava, Žilina…)
I participated in many international colonies both in our country and abroad and I received many prizes for my work in the field of naïve art. I also received diplomas and recognitions which can be seen in my atelier.
My inexhaustible source of inspiration is the life in a village and events from my childhood.’
Martin Markov's artworks in the fund of Gallery of naive art:
- Breakfast in the field, 35×25, 1985, 211
- Well in Padina, 25×35, 1987, 215
- Landscape, 25×35. 1987, 216
- Autumn fruits, 30×35, 1993, 324
- The rest of farmer, 50×40, 1995, 339
- In the yard, 41×33, 1998, 406
- Summer in Banat, 41×33, 1999, 426
- Landscape, 27×22, 1999, 427
- An agrument, 45×36, 2000, 441
- On the farm, 50×70, 2001, 455
- Winter in the pumpkin, 60×50, 2000, 471
- Farm in the pumpkin, 60×50, 2000, 488
- Rest by the grain, 54×30, 2004, 499
- Summer in Banat, 50×35, 2005, 521
- Fruits in Banat, 50×40, 2006, 537